4. October 2007 16:39
Ok, this one confused me for over an hour today, so here it goes. I just got a new development machine up (Dell 390) and installed the following:
- Vista Business
- VS2005 (and Vista SP stuff)
- WM5 SDK
- Turned UAC off
- Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 (WMDC)
And then when I tried to cradle my Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Emulator using the Device Emulator Manager, nothing happend. So I went and did my normal checklist, Make sure WMDC is set to listen to connections using DMA, then uncheck it and recheck it (fixes it sometimes), restart the computer, double-check that VS is running in admin mode. Nothing worked.
It turns out that I was using the 1.0 version of the Device Emulator (the default installed). I installed the 2.0 version and everything worked like a charm.
You can tell if you have V2 by
- In your emulator, Help -> About and top line of text should be "Microsoft Device Emulator V2"
- In your emulator, File -> Configure -> Peripherals and if you have checkboxes for Battery, Speakerphone and such, then you are good.
Anyway, hopefully this saves someone some grief.